Suppose you’re looking for ways to raise money for your organisation. Whether it’s a charity, club or a social cause, a casino fundraising night can draw many more guests and result in a more significant number and value of donations. We’ll be covering a few key aspects that you should consider to make your casino fundraising night a success.
Summarised Step-by-Step Guide to Plan a Casino Fundraising Night
The venue is arguably an essential aspect of running a successful casino fundraising night. Your venue should be easily accessible via various modes of transport, suitable to cater to your preferred number of guests, and additional room for several casino tables and other forms of entertainment. You should also consider the date, time and duration of the event and match these with any external suppliers, like Sevens Casino Nights, for hiring casino tables.
Options to Raise Funds
Anyone planning a fundraising event can be highly creative with all the different ways to raise funds for their charity, sports club or social cause. Over the years of events we’ve attended, we’ve seen the following:
- Casino table sponsorships
- A company would sponsor the cost of a casino table and have its brand promoted around the table.
- Cash for chips donations
- Attendees are required to donate, let’s say, £100 in exchange for £300 worth of chips to participate in Roulette, Blackjack, Caribbean Stud Pocket, Texas Hold-Em.
- Live auctions
- Often donated items and some of the best items available at the event, the charity auctions each item and sells it to the highest bidder.
- Sometimes exceptional items like the live auctions are available at the raffle. Attendees buy several raffle tickets hoping they win something and something good.
- Cash Bar
- This links to an easily accessible venue for different modes of transport, so those who want to drink alcohol can, and the charity can receive a little extra, likewise, from those who just want juices, water or soft drinks.
- Entry Tickets
- Suppose your event has an incredible WOW factor, like a car available in the live auction or a luxury holiday in a raffle. In that case, you can justify charging entry tickets at a premium, and these can even include a few chips to encourage further donations.
The trick with all of these methods of raising funds is to receive them through donations.
Receive Item Donations
If you want your casino fundraising event to be an absolute success, you need to work hard on getting the best physical item donations. Often, individuals and businesses hope for to something in return for their donations. So, by crafting a compelling return of the favour, you’ll be sure to receive incredible items.
- Designated event donator page
- From individuals to businesses, every donator can feature on this designated page. It can have their logo, a brief description and most importantly, a link to their website. This can remain live on your site for several years.
- Promotion on the item
- Every donator can have their logo (business) or face (individual) on a little wooden stick and card sign showing they donated this particular item.
- Promote on social media, and email campaigns (paid campaigns too)
- For every new donation, you receive, share it on social media on its own to build up the excitement for the event and promote the donator.
Run the Event
After all of the above, run the event as planned. Guests would want to bid for a car if you showed them a picture of a car that’ll be there on the day. Most importantly, add a complete surprise, something they wouldn’t have expected, just to add the cherry on top. You can view extra information on Fundraising Help.